Check back here regularly to find more! Information found at Rheem Pro Partners.
5 Advantages of Heat Pumps
To cut down on the high cost of heating your home, you have two options. You can either lower the temperature in your home or increase the efficiency of your heating system. Nobody wants to freeze
so increasing efficiency is definitely the better option. One way you can improve your energy efficiency is by installing a heat pump. Heat pumps are heating and cooling systems that many people
There are several advantages to installing a heat pump in your home. Here are 5 pros.
1. You can accomplish both your heating and cooling with one unit.
2. Heat pumps deliver double the energy that they consume, thus saving you money.
3. If you have asthma or allergies, a heat pump may help reduce your symptoms because it pumps out cleaner air than other HVAC systems.
4. Your house will have a more balanced temperature because heat pumps offer better air circulation.
5. If you need to sell your home, your heat pump installation may net you a higher appraisal value, giving you greater long-term value.
How a heat pump works:
Rather than having separate heating and air conditioning units, a heat pump does both. By collecting the heat in the air and pushing it in and out of your home, it can regulate the temperature
during any season.
During the winter, your heat pump pulls in the air from your home. It forces the cold air outside and releases the warmer air back into the house. In summer, it reverses the process. The hot air
is forced outside, and the cold air is pumped back into the house.
There are a few things to consider before purchasing a heat pump.
- When temperatures drop below freezing, then a heat pump has to work pretty hard to separate the cold air from warmer air. Over time, this can shorten its life.
- Heat pumps don’t heat air like a furnace. Therefore the ambient temperature might feel less warm. Some people don’t care for the more moderate temperatures.
- Heat pumps need regular maintenance throughout the year, and repairs need to be done by a trained technician who understands heat pumps and how they work. This generally means higher maintenance
When your HVAC
system is running smoothly, scheduling maintenance appointments may be way down at the bottom of your to-do list. However, annual HVAC maintenance is the easiest and most economical way to ensure
your air conditioner and heating system is working properly and safely all season long. Taking care of your equipment improves energy efficiency and prevents the inconvenience of breakdowns and
costly emergency repairs. It also keeps your system from needing a replacement prematurely. Preventive maintenance is the best way to protect this significant investment in your
Here are the top five
reasons you should invest in regular HVAC preventive maintenance according to RheemPro Partners:
1. Increases energy efficiency
An HVAC system that has
to work harder to maintain the proper temperature uses more energy. Regular maintenance keeps your system running as efficiently as possible and that can translate into substantial energy cost
savings over time.
2. Minimizes air conditioner and heating repairs
A trained HVAC
technician can catch small problems while they are easy and inexpensive to fix, and even prevent problems from arising in the first place. Maintenance appointments at the start of the season can be
easily scheduled at your convenience. Regular maintenance prevents the need for emergency repairs, which are costly and inconvenient. During peak periods in winter and summer, any service call can be
challenging to schedule as demand increases dramatically.
3. Lengthens the lifespan of your air conditioner and heating system
occurs over time as your heating unit and air conditioner are used normally and can get worse as the equipment ages without proper care. Regular maintenance decreases that wear-and-tear, effectively
prolonging the life of your system. This means more years of service before you need a replacement.
4. Improves indoor air quality
Indoor air pollution has
become an increasing problem as our homes are sealed more tightly against the elements, trapping harmful or irritating substances such as dust, cigarette smoke and pet dander, inside. This is
particularly troubling for people with allergies or respiratory illnesses. Regular HVAC maintenance keeps your system clean and ensures that the air circulating throughout your home is clean and
5. Ensures the safety of your home
A poorly maintained HVAC
system can result in a carbon monoxide leak. Preventive maintenance typically includes a carbon monoxide test which can detect a potential hazard before it becomes deadly.
We offer a Customer
Loyalty Program to help our customers protect their investment. Please contact us for more information or to schedule your HVAC system to be serviced.